Sunday, July 1, 2012

Saving Money

As money has gotten increasingly tight over the last few months, Alexis has been learning the value of saving money and the importance of not wasting it on candy and donuts (her personal nickle and dimers).

She has decided she wants an American Girl doll. I knew when she said this that Mom and Dad couldn't afford to put that much money into a just because item. Plus I want her to learn the value of money and that it isn't something that is unlimited in supply.

After discussion Jaime and I have decided that for keeping her room clean and wiping out the tub (she's the only one who uses the tub, the shower is in the basement) she will earn $.50 per week. Not much in the grand scheme but it's something. I will also offer her odd jobs around the house (like drying dishes with Mommy after a big meal) for random amounts of money. Thanks to Sarah at SmallWorldI have a better plan. I'll let her tell you about her system for this.

Jaime and I have also been trying to save money. Christmas tends to come up out of nowhere and you never know when you could use a little extra. My favorite way to earn money for Christmas is Swagbucks. You earn points for searching the web, participating in polls and surveys, and having the toolbar. I have redeemed the points for Amazon gift cards but there are Itunes cards, Best buy gift cards and a multitude of other prizes. You should check it out at that link up there and sign up. It's great!

I also have been finding random things around the house that we don't need or want anymore and listing it on Craigslist. It's not much either but as long as I put it away it could add up to some fun money.

What are your favorite ways to save a little bit of money?

God bless,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment