Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thirsty Thursday

This was always our name for Thursday when I worked at the dental clinic. After getting on my soap box Tuesday I decided to do something a little more light hearted and fun today.

Here in good ole Iowa it is a scorcher. Yesterday and today have had highs in the 90's with heat indexes in the 100's and it's just been a good idea to stick close to home and stay cool. I'm going to share some of our favorite hot weather drinks...

1. Iced\Sweet Tea -- Who doesn't love a nice cold glass of tea when the temperature boils over. I make both kinds, sweet and iced, depending on my mood.

2. Cherry Limeades -- This is a personal favorite. My husband and daughter don't seem to share my love for it though. A simple way to enjoy it when you can't down a pitcher on your own is a glass of lemon-lime soda with grenadine (also known as a Shirley Temple). Otherwise here is a link to a recipe from scratch.

3. Sno-cones -- I make my own by throwing ice into my food processor and then adding syrup. Yum!

4. Lemonade -- The classic hot weather drink!

5. Water -- when the temperatures get this dangerously high I push a lot of water on my family if we are going outside. Nothing is better!

What is your favorite hot weather drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment