I'm a reader. When I have downtime I love to read. Whether it's blogs or books, it helps me to relax so here are my top
1. Bible -- Of course you should know that this is going to be at the top of my list. I am currently on day 10 of The Bible in 90 Days plan. I may not always get to read the Bible every day but that is my goal. There are several places where you can get reading plans but I use YouVersion. I like the catch me up feature on the plans and I love the variety of plans that are available.
2. The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer -- This book is full of hope and thought provoking ideas. It has questions at the end of every section and the end of every chapter, plus a resolution for us as women to make. It is similar to the The Resolution for Men which comes from the movie Courageous (which I also love). This is a book I foresee myself reading repeatedly.
3. Rid of My Disgrace by Justin S. Holcomb and Lindsey A. Holcomb -- This book is a book of hope and healing for victims of sexual assault. This book was recommended to me by my older sister. A fact that few people know about me is that I was molested as a young child (about 3). This is a fact that made relationships for me for a long time. I don't remember much about it, but I still had anxiety at times that once I was told about it made a lot more sense. This book gave me the hope that was promised, and I'm learning to heal.
4. Shared Encouragement from Circle of Friends Ministries -- This book is a daily devotional. I start my day with this book and find encouragement, hope and love in this book for women.
5. Sheparding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp -- This book is full of thoughts about raising a child. We read this in the parent equipping class we had during Wednesday night youth group. This book is honest. It made me laugh, it made me squirm. I still look back to it and refer to it when I'm not sure how to handle an issue as a mother.
6. Delivered with Love by Sherry Kyle -- This is a fiction story but it is heartwarming just the same. I cried with this book, I laughed. It was a good book to curl up in a blanket and read as a storm raged outside earlier this week.
Share your favorite books, fiction or nonfiction, with me. I'm looking for more to add to my ever expanding collection.