Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Testimony and more

First of all, I would like to share with you my testimony that is currently featured on Blessed Beyond Measure.

Now I would like to apologize for being missing from cyberspace for so long. Life got crazy busy and I was falling into bed at night with no down time.

I volunteered at my church in the 2nd grade classroom for the first time this past Sunday. They are so sweet and so smart. I'm very glad that this will be a summer thing and not just once or twice. In fact I may work through other classrooms through out the next couple of years. I really feel like God is calling me to help these children and at the same grow through their simple, unwavering trust.

That afternoon, Sunday, Father's Day, we all went out to my parents. Jaime's dad hasn't been around for the last 2 years, didn't come to the wedding or let us know when he moved across the country. So my whole family, from my grandpa down to my nephew, gathered at my parents house. It always makes me smile to have all 4 generations gathered together.

Alexis and I surprised Jaime with an air compressor (or the promise of one anyway). He had been wanting one and so, with the fantastic sale at Lowe's, he finally got one.

Beyond that I have been working, and trying to find permanent, full time work. I love my current part time job, made even better by the fact that it is right across the street and the people are great to work with. But it's not the same as full time work.

I'll try to post again later, in the power of day dreaming and daily bible reading, however I make no promises because I work again tonight and the housekeeping has to be done sometime.

God bless

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment